Friday, July 16, 2010

Uh oh…a chip of a different kind…

IMGP0313

The road outside Rock Springs was long, straight, and almost empty.  One car was coming toward us, and all of a sudden we heard a whap…a rock was thrown FORWARD that hit out windshield and left a dent and the beginnings of a couple of spider veins.  Thankfully, I had phone service and quickly found a repair place in town where a guy worked his magic, and the spot is almost good as new.  Spider veins disappeared, crack is filled with special glue, and $20 lighter, we hit the road.  Stuff happens; we adjust.

IMGP0316

This is another Red Canyon that is located here in Wyoming.  We are seeing more ‘green’ here, and lovin’ it.  And we found a very interesting sink hole on our scenic road trip in the car yesterday.  I’ll post those photos tomorrow.

So today we are moving to a major destination…near the Grand Tetons.  Love, love that place!  What a beautiful country this is.  Get out and go see as much as you can.  We are!

Happy Friday, y’all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would sacrifice my windshield any day for all of the wonderful traveling that you are doing! Looks like you will have a wonderful view for the weekend. Stay safe and happy travels.

Sandee said...

Same thing happened to us a few months ago. We got it fixed right away too. If you don't you lose the entire windshield in a very short amount of time. Changing temps is what the guy told us. Causes it to splinter big time.

I love the Grand Tetons too. Beautiful country you are visiting. Wish I was there too. We are having a heatwave here.

Have a terrific day and weekend. Big hugs. :)

LAC said...

Who knew those windshield magicians were so affordable. I see the Safelight commercials all the time and figure they are expensivo!

Enjoy your travels, beautiful pictures you are sharing, makes me want to take more of my own!

Zane D. Clark said...

Good thing you were able to get it repaired. I bet that if you have to replace the glass that would have been a problem.

Good travels.
z

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking me along with you, as I may never get out that way again! I've never been to the Grand Tetons!

Big hugs :)

Sarge Charlie said...

20 bucks is not bad for that windshield. stuff happens and you still have fun.

Haley D. said...

It may be beautiful country, but there's no place like home! We're so thankful that the rock incident wasn't any worse and are glad you were able to get it repaired so quickly. Too bad they don't make something that quick and easy for humans- I have a few spider veins and wrinkles that could use a touch up. LOL

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh well buggers to the rock! great attitude though...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxox

ivana said...

Ciao!!!
Small problem, so you can go on, and see new sceneries!!
Have safe and fun!

Ciao!!!

Joy said...

That special glue is good stuff! Glad you could find it so quickly. I have actually been to the Grand Tetons - but in February. Would love to see them in summer, too. Enjoy!

Linda said...

I love the way how something like this doesn't put a dent in your plans like it did your windshield; isn't modern technology a wonderful thing?

I just read the post below, too, and I so wish that I was stowaway in the moho so that I could see all these lovely sites, too. Not that I could actually SEE them if I was stowing away but you know what I mean!

Continued safe travels and thanks again for taking us along with you via posts and pictures! These virtual postcards are great!