Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday stuff

 Jackson Hole antler arch

Here is a photo of one of the many antler arches in downtown Jackson Hole.  I don’t need one of these in my yard.  Just sayin’.

IMGP0436

But, I wouldn’t mind having this in my back yard, if I didn’t have to put up with all the snow that goes with it.

So to answer Haley’s questions: 

“Sinks Canyon is so named because of the Middle Fork of the Popo Agie, a rushing mountain river that flows out of the Wind River Mountains and through the canyon.  Halfway down the canyon, the river abruptly turns into a large limestone cavern, and the crashing water ‘sinks’ into fissures and cracks at the back of the cave.  The river is underground for 1/4 mile until it emerges down the canyon in a large calm pool called ‘The Rise.’  It then continues its course into the valley below.”  So there you have it.

And yes, you were the ONLY child who got to go to the Chapel of the Transfiguration a long time ago, well, Brian was there, but he was a bun in the oven.  Amy, Jason, and Doodlebug saw it back in ‘07 when they were out here.

Any other questions?

So yesterday, we did make it to church on time and had to (again) sit outside, but they have at least added an awning to shade the outside worshippers.   Thank you very much!

We changed our minds on having lunch at the chuckwagon place, and instead went for dinner.  Big mistake.  The beef stew was totally bland and the meat was tough.  We won’t go back and waste our money there.

We plan to move to a different cg today, and Dick wants to go canoeing.  We had to have the canoe inspected to make sure it isn’t bringing into these waters any undesirables, and purchase a permit, so we are good to go on both scores.

We’ve seen a few antelope, elk, and possibly a herd of buffaloes, but they have all been from a distance not Kodak worthy.  Amy, that eagle nest is still up on the pole near Moran Junction.  We see  a little activity there each time we pass by.IMGP0411

So that is our Monday.  How is yours?

11 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

how's mine? well certainly not as good as yours! ha ha ha

but we are having lunch with old chuckie duck today!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I could TOTALLY see one of those arches in my yard! LOL--It's probably a great feeling worshiping outside! Have a great Monday.

Sarge Charlie said...

holy crap, that is a horney place.

Anonymous said...

I could also do without the antler arch! hahaha! That view of the mountains is breathtaking!

It's hard to beat a Cowboy Cookout! That'll learn ya!

I have to work today so I hope I'll be taking orders!

big hugs :)

Haley D. said...

Thanks for the history lesson, Tour Guide! We've got chores to do today (laundry, probably grocery shopping) and I have the vestry meeting this evening, so that's our Monday.

Anonymous said...

That water shot makes me want to learn fly fishing. As for the antler arch? Let's say I'm glad I don't have a yard...LOL! It makes a great tourist oddity, though. They can keep it.

Joy said...

I remember that arch - or one like it, but no, I don't want to replicate that look in my yard. It works in JH, though! Hope Dick enjoys his canoeing and you both have a great day.

Sandee said...

You are enjoying some beautiful countryside. Sorry about your dinner last night. Nothing worse than bland beef stew with tough meat. Not good at all.

We're just doing some errands today and that's about it. Nothing exciting.

Have a terrific day. Big hugs. :)

ivana said...

Thank you...interesting
I thought it was a Stork Nest!!!
We had a bit fresh here...I ironed so much!!!
Have a great week, travelling!!!

Ciao!!!

Zane D. Clark said...

Beautiful pictures. Worshiping outside must be nice. Get to see the country with God!
z

Haley D. said...

If you want a necklace, give me a clue as to what color(s) or paper pack pattern you'd like! You'll have to come home to get it though.