Thursday, July 15, 2010

Saying goodbye to Utah…

Flaming Gorge Dam, UT

We arrived at the forest service cg, got set up, and headed straight to Flaming Gorge Dam (above), so named by John Powell because the sun on the rocks looked to him as if they were on flame.  He was the first here, so he got the honor of naming it!  We drove across the dam for these two photos.Flaming rocks

Flaming Gorge bridge 

This bridge was interesting, so I couldn’t resist a photo.  We crossed it before the dam.IMGP0297

And the lake was pretty, but we got more trees shown here than lake.

We are happy to be leaving Utah today, heading next door to Wyoming and some of our favorite places.  Tonight we’ll stay in a FHU cg so that laundry can get done, but then we’ll return to the forest service campgrounds.  Amy/Jason, we are going back to that one in Moran Junction where we stayed in ‘07.  Wish y’all were here!

The weather is fantastic.  And no rain on us today for a change.  And no sign of Theodore, Simon OR Alvin!

Life is short…make fun of it!  We sure are…

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous. Enjoy every moment!

Anonymous said...

Onward to WY! I was just wondering... you're coming back some day, right?

Big hugs xo

Sarge Charlie said...

hello utah, america the beautiful

Haley D. said...

Very cool! Being in the West it's probably nice to see some trees. Wyoming should be gorgeous.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

amazing places to see in this great country! thanks for sharing them with us...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

ivana said...

Very interesting!
I watch just the USA Map, I'll sign the travel you are doing...now I have got an idea how long your journey is really!!!!

(I've got the meaning of cg= campground! Righ? Do not scold me, please!!! ) ha...ha...ha...

Ciao!!!

LAC said...

Loving your travel logs! Never been to UT or WY, or ... it would be a shorter list to say I have ONLY been to CA, NV and AZ while vacationing with friends in Hollywood in 2005. I so wish I could go back with my husband and share that with him. Enjoy your trip!

Sandee said...

Thanks for taking us along too. I love Wyoming too. So far I've been to almost every place you've gone starting with Arizona that is.

Just have a terrific day. Big hugs. :)

Zane D. Clark said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful travels. Beautiful life. Life is good.
z

Linda said...

Glad to hear that there were no more chipmunks hiding out though I suspect Missy was enjoying the hunting!

That dam reminds me very much of Hoover Dam but I guess that they were simply built in the same style - at first I thought you'd taken a wrong turn in Utah and ended up in Nevada, though!