Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In the woods, near Yellowstone NP…

Polecat River at L entering Snake River

What a view!  This is the Snake River, and we are camping right on it.  For free!  That itty bitty river up there on the L is the Polecat River, flowing into the Snake River.

Flaggs Ranch cg view to Tetons

This view is looking S to the Grand Tetons…Flaggs Ranch cg view S

 

This view shows the river a little better.  I wish y’all could hear it!  Of course I would cut down those two dead trees if I owned this spot, but they didn’t ask me.

This is a dispersed campground (free), and there are four sites in this little spot.  That is the good news; the bad news is that it will be closed as of today so that the small outhouse can be replaced by a larger one.  The ranger emptying trash yesterday said that we might be able to stay, seeing as how we are self contained and don’t need the outhouse, but I know for sure the three tents sharing this spot with us are gonna have to go.  Poor things.

It’s beautiful and sooo peaceful.  We can’t leave for Yellowstone (which is what we want to do for the day) until we find out if we have to leave or not.  We want to stay here for a few days, and go canoeing.  Pretty please, let us stay, ranger man!

The perils of traveling.

We’ll manage.  We’re flexible.

Did I mention that life is good?

11 comments:

Haley D. said...

It really looks lovely there! Hope you get to stay a bit longer, but if not there are sure to be greener pastures ahead.

LAC said...

Yellowstone is on my Bucket List! Hope you get to stay in the free area, how nice is that.

Loving your pictures and commentary, keep it coming.

Anonymous said...

oh wow, a beautiful spot and it's free. Life doesn't get more gooder than that. I hope you get to stay... I'm crossing my fingers and toes for good luck.

Did u bring a fishing pole?

Anonymous said...

beautiful, and free is even better!! Have a wonderful day, Sandy.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

every time i hear snake river i think of evil knevil! ha ha ha

what a beautiful spot!!! and i LOVE that it is free. tits!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

ivana said...

Pretty place...I hope you can stay and canoeing!
I'd enjoy that fresh air!!!
I see, you are very flexible travelling Bells!!!

Ciao, big hugs...good luck!!!

Linda said...

Just caught up on today's and yesterday's post and am so enjoying the pictures! I'm not sure I'd want an antler arch in my yard either!

I sure hope you get to stay at the campground, you'd have it all to yourself and wouldn't that be grand?

Fingers crossed for you!

Sandee said...

It's a beautiful spot indeed. I've a feeling that you'll be staying right there, since you're self contained and all.

Have a terrific day and enjoy every minute. Life is very good. Big hug. :)

Zane D. Clark said...

Hope you get to stay!
z

Joy said...

Hope they let you stay, since you have your own facilities! Beautiful scenery. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mister Ranger, Sir! I couldn't help but hear Yogi's voice when I read your sincere entreaty!

The view is stunning! I can almost hear the river running past!

big hugs :)