Saturday, July 24, 2010

Harmless, safe bison…

IMGP0565 IMGP0564

Cute, huh?  Greetings from downtown West Yellowstone, Montana.  We’ve seen quite a few of these guys around town.  They look pretty harmless…and are certainly quiet.

Maytag Man is wonderful!  He pulled out the door-lock thingy and worked on it and got it to cooperate so I could do a couple of loads of laundry.  And he grilled the steaks last night.  What a guy!

So after getting moved to the site with electric and getting all set up, by late afternoon yesterday, we were both tired of  being inside and doing work of one variety or another, so we took a scenic loop drive that took us by Earthquake Lake (not particularly attractive because of all the standing dead trees in the water), and lots of rolling hills, cattle and horses, all seen on a beautiful day.  And the road took us briefly into Idaho…where we are heading next week.

Today the Griswolds are going exploring back in Yellowstone Park.  Maybe we’ll see some REAL bison.  There will be photos, so check back tomorrow!

Have a great weekend, y’all.  Go out and have some fun!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe bison are my favorite kind of bison! Maytag Man Rocks!

Today I have lots of errands, none of which will be especially fun. Well, I DO like shopping in Lowe's. :)

However, I did do some cruise shopping for my mother and me! I'm having a very hard time convincing my 3 sisters that they can get time off and make the mother-daughter cruise I hope to be on next summer. They all have an entire list of reasons they don't think they can make it. I can't imagine how long they think our mother will be physically fit and well enough to do this and it's making me a little bit cranky.

I'm looking forward to your next round of photos!

big hugs :)

ivana said...

Wow...

Compliments for Dick!!!
I'm so enthusiast about a MoHo, you are free to choose when and where, and you can feel like in your own house...and the scenery is always different and lovely!!!
Have a great Saturday...

Buon viaggio!!!!
Hugs!!!

Sarge Charlie said...

ok, you can keep maytag man, even though you could have done better.

Haley D. said...

Ah, our American heritage! ;) (You KNEW that had to come up, right?) Glad the washer is fixed. I knew Dad could, 'cause my Dad can fix ANYTHING! Enjoy today's explorations too.

Sarge Charlie said...

Hey, I hope you go here and watch the video prior to you adventure today:
http://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/woman-survives-buffalo-attack-at.html

Anonymous said...

Idaho! Love Idaho :) Wow, I am so much enjoying all of these wonderful updates. Makes me feel like I am on vacation with you.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love our handy guys? They can do anything!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh those are like the alligators we have! all painted by artists, so fun!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

We have painted cows around these parts but I guess that figures what with New England having a lot of farms around. I think I'd rather see the bison, though!

Yay to your Maytag Man and your grillmaster!

Can't wait to see some pictures of Idaho, it's been years and years since I've been there and that was only passing through in the rain!

Zane D. Clark said...

Beautiful buffalo. let's see some photos of real buffalo.

z