Friday, July 23, 2010

From W Yellowstone, MT

P1060988 (2)

These three lovelies played in Polecat Creek for quite awhile yesterday morning before we left.  And our neighbor saw a BEAR earlier!  Dang, we missed that one.

We are in a FS cg…last night had to take a site with no electricity but we are about to move over to an electric site, since we’ll be here until at least Monday.  That means setting up the internet again…which took two hours yesterday:(  And I tried to do a quick load of laundry this morning, and my washer won’t unlock, holding our laundry hostage.  Another problem for Maytag Man to solve.  Mohoing is not for the faint of heart.  Or for folks who aren’t handy at fixin’ stuff.

So that’s life on the road for the Griswolds.  We did go into town for a few supplies and for pizza…and we found the motel where we stayed back in ‘99 when we were out here with a group snowmobiling.  Everything looks different without all that snow!

Time to close up and move…then set back up.  Life is good…well, except for that locked washer.

And a very happy birthday to SIL Logan!

10 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I love the photo, we saw a baby bear in Hawaisee, it ran across the road and climbed a tree. we drove up next to it and we looked at each other. NO CAMERA.

ivana said...

What a sweet image!!!
I think we, G. and me, are not for mohoing...
I could try...but i have got no handy partner at fixing and repairing, he does not like travelling without conforts...so next life I'll have a wonderful MoHo!!!

Have fun and safe!!!
Ciao

Haley D. said...

Logan says thanks for the birthday wishes! I'll bet it does look way different from when we were there in the snow. We look forward to more pictures. Good luck with that laundry problem! Aren't you thankful for your handy guy? :)

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy creature comforts so I doubt mohoing is for me, but I sure am enjoying your adventure!

Love that Maytag Man of yours!

big hugs :)

Sandee said...

I can see why you need to lock the washer and dryer while traveling, but when you're not? Not so much. Must be stuck or something. Perhaps it's just too tired to work today.

Have a terrific day and weekend honey. You are in God's country and I know you are enjoying every minute. Big hugs. :)

Linda said...

I was thinking of you and Dick yesterday while watching the news about the lost hiker and 16 others that were injured by lightning in Grand Teton National Park. Not sure if you caught any of that or not? Sure hope your weather hasn't been what they experienced!

You're fortunate you married a Maytag Man and not a guy who can't fix anything but a sandwich! Good luck with the laundry issues and continue to have a grand time for us!

Papertracks said...

Must be time for new clothes if can't unlock the washer! Maybe the washer is ransoming for a different brand of laundry soap or maybe is having a tiff with the dryer so holding out on it.

Anonymous said...

Boondocking with no electric? At least it's not in a Wally World parking lot.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sorry for the washer problem. we could never go moho as sarge can't fix anything unless you can fix it with a chain saw and a plastic butter knife.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Amazing Gracie said...

Gosh, I went back and viewed the earlier photos. I would love to see that area! I've been lucky to see some great things in CA but never in any other states.
We used to have a tent trailer. We would take off with our combined SIX kids - aged from 8-13. We had wonderful times and the kids all say those days are among their favorites.
But, if I had to do that again, I think I'd implode!
I would love to moho. We'd much rather get outdoors than go to Las Vegas or big cities.
Continue on - have fun!!!
~~~Blessings~~~