Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter is here!

No, I don't want to go outside yet, thinks Missy. My waterbowl is frozen solid.



Srsly. It is a cold 23 outside our house (19 officially), and we did get a few snow flurries yesterday. My sweet daughters took me to a movie and we could see some white stuff up high on our lovely mountains...just where we like it stay.

"Playing for Keeps" was a cute romantic comedy movie, but I was clueless as to who the actors were except for cute Dennis Quaid, who has gotten a tad older, by the way. Hmm, haven't we all?!

All the clan met MM and me for a pizza celebration last night, bravely joined by Jim and Janet. Sniffles are better on the younger set, but I am coughing and doing the nose blowing now (lovely thought), and have moved from whispering back up to croaking. Progress...maybe.

I am staying home, and in sweats today. It's the right thing to do on a cold winter day, plus I need to play elf and get gifts bagged and/or wrapped. Christmas is definitely in the air around here.

Happiness is woven in bright colors of laughter and love. Indeed!

Stay warm! Life is good, y'all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

Barb said...

Brrr... OK. You win. It's a balmy 36° here. I guess we're practicing for the NE winter weather! Another freeze warning for tonight... they say 31°. I may need some sweats myself.

We also had pizza last night! Great minds? :)

Hope your croaking advances to rasping today... at least!

Have a fun day playing elf! big hugs xoxo

Willy said...

Warm and inside is good
10-4 willy

Willy said...

Warm and inside is good
10-4 willy

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i have to go out today for cards but i will bundle up. it's cold here too, the heat is on!

be well honey, see you soon!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Sandee said...

It's cold here too and there is a storm blowing though. I hate the winter. Just hate the cold. It could be 85 degrees year around and I would be happy.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and your voice is coming back. That's a good thing. Right?

Have a terrific day honey. Big healing hugs. :)

Joy said...

Staying inside is a good plan, although the sun is put now and it's above freezing. I will be doing the wrapping and bagging this afternoon after I go practice. Take ca of yourself and feel better.

Haley D. said...

Hope you continue to feel better and that your voice comes back quickly! The girls & I saw "The Hobbit" this afternoon with a few friends, and now I'm nursing some hot tea. I need just a few more things to call Christmas ready!

ivana said...

Glad that your voice is in progress!
We have cold and fog, no snow, a gray day!
Have a great Sunday!

Big hugs, honey!

Jean(ie) said...

A frozen water bowl is not fun. Srsly.