Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday in Mayberry

But first, I have to show off Ansley’s sweet smile.  She is sitting next to friend Kelle:

Ansley Xmas concert2

And then tell you that she had her “fun” Christmas piano recital yesterday afternoon, and did quite well, but of course:

Ansley piano recital

Tis the season for concerts (instrumental and choral), and pageants.  Our wee kids are involved in them all, which means I REALLY have to keep an accurate calendar of events.

Speaking of events, last night Jennie hosted our annual “Wingnuts” Christmas party for seven couples.  Our guys started meeting for wings/beer on our sorority night about a dozen years ago (invitation only!).  One guy moved away; new members have joined over the years, but these guys are still going strong and still having fun.  Cheers to all of you great fellas!

The calendar today reminds me of the Advent Wine party this afternoon (ladies only), and TWO different Christmas events tonight…at the same time…at two different churches.  Yikes!

That’s life in Mayberry, y’all.  Choices…we haz them.

Keep on smiling…and add red wine!

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh not me, i just have to relax and enjoy the sunshine. have fun honey, wywh!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxox

Jean(ie) said...

a wine party? Have tons of fun!

Sandee said...

Looks like you are one busy lady. Good for you. A fun filled Sunday too. I like that.

Have a terrific day and a small glass of wine for me. Big hugs from cold but sunny California. :)

Barb said...

Music and wine? Oh, I would love living in Mayberry! Enjoy!!

big hugs xoxo

Joy said...

Enjoy the party. I'm so rarely home in the daylight that I have a list of things to do today! And I'll take white wine instead, please! Or at least a Zinfandel...
I enjoyed hearing Ansley play yesterday, wish I could be there for the Tues and Thurs ones coming up but duty calls.

Haley D. said...

It was definitely a nice day! Now it's time for a great week!