Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas luncheon

 

Joy's table

Joy set a mighty purdy table for us five gals last week, and served a tasty luncheon of a hot chicken salad, asparagus, homemade biscuits, and a great spinach salad.  Yum-my.

She sent me the recipe for that chicken dish that I will get around to posting over on dyerdining.  It is a good casserole dish that can be done ahead of time.  I like those, and this one is a keeper.

Miss Eva wasn’t with us that day, but I couldn’t resist showing her off, along with Grammie Joy! 

Joy and Eva

Thanks again.  It is always fun having some girlie time.

And now back to the year-end stuff…that is not a whole lot of fun.  Bugger.  The end of the year is rapidly approaching, and we have to have a lot of paperwork finished before we can head to Florida.

The sun just came out after two days of gray, so Tuesday will surely be a ginger peachy day, and a haircut will also happen this afternoon.  I need it!

Life is what you make it, and I declare it good, y’all!

6 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I LOVE hot chicken salad!!!! It's one of my favorite casseroles. In fact, I was looking for a recipe for that last week.

What a pretty table! I love a pretty table!

Sandee said...

The table is awesome. Very festive indeed. The lunch sounded really good too. Really good. Okay, I've not eaten anything yet this morning.

Have a terrific day honey and enjoy the sunshine. Big hugs. :)

Sandee said...

Here's the link to the chowder you asked for: Seafood Chowder

Big hugs honey. :)

Joy said...

Thanks, Sandy! We had a good time. Hugs!

Linda said...

That just looks totally delightful! I don't believe I've ever had hot chicken salad but it sounds quite tasty!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

how lovely it all looks and that beautiful baby too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo