Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy, happy day!

Please join me in wishing s-i-l Jason a happy birthday today!

Jason, Amy

I have NO voice today.  Literally.  What began as husky went to downright croaky by nightfall yesterday.

Today, I can barely whisper.  I may need a whistle to get MM’s attention…if needed.  Does my new phone have a foghorn on it?!

I typically get laryngitis about once a year, and I was long over due.  It will pass…and all will be well.

We had a major scare with KC yesterday.  He didn’t come inside the night before, nor arrive for breakfast…not typical for our boy.  MM and I both searched for him, shaking the food container, which normally charms him from wherever he is.  No boy.  Lots of worries.

He finally waltzed in totally unconcerned but hungry by late afternoon.  The sun had been out all day, so he was simply enjoying life, somewhere in the woods, after three days of gray.  I can’t blame him for wanting to be outside, but his parents were sure worried about him.  A fox was spotted in the yard earlier in the day, just to add to our concerns!

It’s just another ginger peachy, but happy day in Mayberry!

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy happy birthday! and sandy feel better honey! gosh one of the gals at poker last night was sick, i wish they wouldn't come and infect us all with their germs!

hugs, bee
xoxoxooxox

Barb said...

Happy Birthday, Jason! I've never had laryngitis. Ever. Croaky, but never lost it. Bless your heart. I had one night like that with Gandalf over at the yellow house. I was beside myself. I got up at o dark thirty and opened the door to the back patio, and there he was, laying on the patio chair. Gah! I wanted to strangle him but all I could do was pick him up and squeeze him. Naughty kitty, askeering their Mommas that way. Why must they do that?

Hope your voice gets gooder quick! big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Jason,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

I hope you feel better soon and that your voice returns and all is well in your world again. Well, I'm pretty sure all things are well in your world except for your lack of a voice.

I'm glad KC is home. I can so relate to that kind of worry. Been there, done that.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from COLD California. :)

Jean(ie) said...

Happy birthday jason!!!!
I chuckle when you say he came in looking unconcerned. Isn't that always the case! LOL! Hope the voice comes back pronto. an air horn can only be tolerated for so long...LOL!

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!

Happy Birthday!!!!
What said Missy? Was she worried?
I hope you get your voice again!!!

Big hugs froma very busy alone housewife!!!
Hugs!!!