Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Windy Wednesday in Paradise

The sun is shining, so the wind is fine.  Yesterday’s gray is G for Good and Gone.  iLikey!P1220146

So I am late posting this morning.  MM decided to install the mounted coffeemaker so that we can get rid of the countertop model.  We are slowly de-cluttering, always an ongoing project in small living quarters.  I had to supervise a bit, and am happy to be sitting down for a rest.  I don’t like to have my energy level zapped, but zapped it is…for now.

I am moving slow, but I’m moving around and actually have on real but comfy clothes today.  That is an accomplishment.  That’s enough work for one day, right?!

We are meeting Johnnie and Susan for pizza tonight.  I’ll be ready to get out for the company and the  food, no reflection on MM, of course!

Barb asked what I am reading while beached here.  I downloaded the Outlander series, and began re-reading the first book yesterday.  I read it many, many years ago and wanted to refresh my memory before I continued on to the second book.  That’ll keep me busy for quite awhile.  I am an admitted readaholic…and am content sitting and reading.  I always called books “armchair travels.”  Now I am blessed to both read AND travel.

Life is very good, y’all.  Stay healthy; stay happy!

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart. So true!!
~ Caryn Leschen ~

6 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I need to read that series, I've heart so much about it. Yay for de-cluttering! I love our handy guys. Watching Weather channel. looks dicey in Mayberry, but I'm hoping and praying everyone is safe.

Sandee said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, but please don't overdo. You know that though.

Way to go on the regular clothes. That's always a big accomplishment. Think how good you're going to feel when you heal up. No more pain. meLikey!

Pizza sounds really good. Had it a week or so ago. It was more than delicious.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from cold but sunny California. ☺

Barb said...

Mmmm... pizza. Oh boy! I'm pretty sure we're having leftover pasta and meatballs. No complaints from me. :)

I began the first book of the Outlander series but it was sidelined by Lost. I'll probably get back to it this weekend. It was about $50 for the Kindle version, but Miss Bee was raving about it so I had to have it!

Glad you're feeling well enough to get out for a friends and food kinda thing. I know you're sensible and won't overdo.

Right?

Big hugs xoxo

Haley D. said...

Caryn is right- although it may be 40 for me! I am waiting on Outlander #6 to be available in the library. They are quite addicting, but I can't read them back to back. Glad you're up, dressed, and even going out!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

cat and i are both reading it too. it's different but i like it. hope to see you soon!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

LAC said...

That's it. You are the second person to mention Outlander (Bee being the first). I read it a few years ago, and stopped halfway through the second one. I shall start again. I do recall liking it very much. Having a very handsome image in my mind of Jamie!

Should be a nice break from the "chick lit" I've been stuck on for awhile.

Hope you are healing well. Your yard looks alot like mine. Bugger. Everything melted and is a muddy, muddy mess. We even have a flood watch posted for the river. Rut roh!