Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rolling south!




After enjoying our annual BSP hoppin john dinner with sista a and spouses, MM and I hit the road and drive down to Columbus, spending the night at the visitors center. Doesn't everyone sleep there?! It was a quiet night.

Our next destination is lunch with sister Nan and cousins in Bluffton. More on that tomorrow.

KC isn't very happy the first hour if travel, bless his heart. And MM left in the parking light by accident last night, so it took a bit of time to jockey the battery juice around to get the Moho cranked. The engine battery run down keeps the generator from working, so he learned. Oh the fun!

All is well. And KC is settling down. Miles and smiles, y'all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

Jackie said...

My oh my this sounds fun. I wonder how many of your readers will know what hoppin' john is? I do.

Oh my goodness I hate to tell you this but most truck drivers avoid rest areas and visitor centers. They are infamous for high crime.

If you see a policemen there or anything posted about security that is a sign they have more problems than usual at that site.

I don't want to scare you...but as Sandee would say...I'm just saying!!

Becareful out there and have lots and lots of fun!!:-)

Sandee said...

We've noticed we have to be retrained every year too. Something that we know to do we forget to do. Oh well, it keep life interesting.

Have a safe trip south. I know you'll enjoy that weather and you'll really enjoy the upcoming cruise. Awesome.

Have a terrific and safe day. Big hugs. :)

Jean(ie) said...

Have a safe trip and wonderful visit with Nan. Warmer temps are coming for ya! Give the furries a good scritch from Jeanie.

Joy said...

Wow, you made it all the way to Columbus! The fog must have lifted a bit as you went south. Enjoy seeing your cousins and tell Nan I sent her a hug, too. Safe travels!

Linda said...

Safe travels to warmer climes!

Isn't it nice to get the lessons learned over and done with early into the trip?!?

Barb said...

Enjoy your sister visit! I know I sure did!!

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

Big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

rollin' rollin' rollin'!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

ivana said...

Have a safe trip South!
Enjoy the warm Florida again!

Big hugs, honey!
Buon Viaggio!