Saturday, May 10, 2008

Plants, planting and decadence...

Dick has spent the last two days digging lots of holes and planting a variety of 'stuff'....rhododendrons, azaleas, butterfly bushes...



Lots of juniper...dwarf holly plants...
an 8' Nellie Stevens holly tree...

some purple verbena, and vinca...lush NEXT year hopefully, but puny looking right now...
Dick's a great, hard-working guy....I think I'll keep him...!
He got hosed off , and then we met Jim and Janet to try out a nearby Italian restaurant (very good...we'll go back). Janet promised dessert at their house...this box of decadence was sent to her by her sweet son. These are chocolate covered strawberries...and they were DIVINE...along with the Bailey's. What a fine ending to a beautiful day here in Mayberry. Yes, dear, you get a back rub tonight...you've earned it!

8 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I know where you were for dinner.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i don't. where? sarge says monets... i don't think so.

and yes, dick is a keeper for sure!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Traveling Bells said...

Nope, not Monet's...Cucina Rustica, over in Morganton. We'll have to go:-)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Nice hearing from you.;Yeap I am here in Savannah!! Come see me or let me know and maybe we can meet...I am not an axe murderer just a Christian grandmother...Sandy

Barb said...

Your day sounds like a slice of heaven! I knew Dick was a pilot from one of your previous posts, but both of you? How cool is that!

I love Italian! A friend of mine owned a little Italian restaurant where I used to live in Florida. She literally grew up in it, 4th generation. Both her sons also became chefs. Then one day she decided she wanted to see what nights & weekends off were like when she was about 60! She closed it and became a realtor. Once in a while she still makes her red sauce and Manicotti for me! Delicioso!! I miss that little Cuccina!

Traveling Bells said...

Yep...we've built 3 houses together; he taught me how to read a compass (no small feat) AND taught me how to fly......and I haven't killed him yet! I guess we'll be on the porch rocking in our twilight years:-)

FFF...I laughed at 'not an axe murderer!' I've used that same sentence when arranging to meet a soon-to-be friend. Hmmm, I'll check back to see if you have a way to contact you on your blog. I, too, am a Christian g/mother!

Joy said...

Hey, when you and Bee go to Cucina, I want to go too! And then another place we should go is Cafe Rel in Franklin - yum!
Hugs,
Joy

Traveling Bells said...

I've haven't been there, so you're on! Let's do it!!!
Hugs back:-)