Friday, May 16, 2008

Off to Savannah...

Friend Joy and I are heading to historic Savannah today for a weekend convention with our Beta sisters. Oh what fun we'll have, visiting with old friends and making new ones. That got me to thinking, surely some of the bloggers belong to Beta Sigma Phi, an international women's friendship network that is 75 years old. Let me know! Or let me know if you want to know MORE.

Joy and I joined in '88, and we were strangers then. We've been best buds ever since...you know, the kind who gives support through everything--births, deaths, divorce, surgeries........and of course the fun stuff, too. Unlike me, she only has one brother and no sistas, so the two of us are 'sisters of the heart.' We picked each other...how blessed is that?

I was hoping to meet Flip Flop Floozie while in Savannah, but she's got some company coming so we may not make it this time....but there'll be another opportunity:-)

Since I like blonde jokes, here is one to leave y'all with a chuckle:

A blind man wanders into an all girls biker bar by mistake. He finds his way to a bar stool and orders some coffee. After sitting there for awhile, he yells to the waiter, "Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?"

The bar immediately falls absolutely silent. In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says, "Before you tell that joke, sir, I think it is only fair, given that you are blind, that you should know five things:

1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat.
2. The bouncer is a blonde girl.
3. I'm a 6 foot tall, 175 lb. blonde woman with a black belt in karate.
4.The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weightlifter.
5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler. Now, think about it seriously, Mister. Do you still wanna tell that joke?"

The blind man thinks for a second, shakes his head, and mutters, "Nah. Not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times."

7 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

have fun, I love the Savanna River Front.

Sarge Charlie said...

Miss Bee loves Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi sandy! hi joy! have fun girls!!!

smiles, bee
xoxooxoxoxxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Have a fun time!
:-D)

Maggie Moo said...

Oooo...I've always wanted to go to Savannah. Have a great time!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hey I am waiting here for my company today!! I wish I could meet you but we have time hopefully someday. Hope you found that bear and he was not in your back yard!! WOW!!
Have fun this weekend.

Sandy

Odat said...

Have fun!! btw, one of my best blogging buddies lives in Savannah!!
See my post today!!!
Peace