Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Let them eat cake...

Beta Sigma Phi is 20 years old in Mayberry this year, so to honor that, Joy and I did the program at the meeting here tonight on the history of birthdays. Here is my Triple Chocolate cake, which fell (first-ever cake baked in my new oven)...not pretty, but it was good anyway. Bee, I'll make you one when you 'n Sarge get up here...
And we had other yummy items to go with the cake and ice cream...
We even had a birthday present for everyone to take home. Joy is passing them out...
We meet; we learn; and we eat! Life is good!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cake!

I see somebody there is a Longaberger collector! I have lots and lots more of Longaberger. I finally managed to stop buying it. I try not to look anymore!

Traveling Bells said...

Oh yes...that would me moi, the basket lady! Unfortunately, one of our sistas was a rep and I sure helped support her. I managed to stop buying when L/b changed to the new basket color. And the sista is no longer a rep!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well yum! sure looks good to me fallen or not! oboy!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Odat said...

What a beautiful kitchen!!!! Wow...I want one...;-)
Cake still looks delish!!!

Peace

Sandee said...

The cake sounds yummy. Empress Bee will be so pleased. Life is indeed very, very good. Have a great day. :)

Traveling Bells said...

Nope, not the kitchen...that was the buffet bar on the backside of the dining room, but is the same granite as in the kitchen:-)

Joy said...

Bee, that cake was Yummy! Whenever Sandy makes you one I will be glad to come taste test for you to see if it is up to her usual standard!
Hugs,
Joy

Sarge Charlie said...

I like ice cream with chocolate cake, just so you know

Traveling Bells said...

Sarge, I know that and have the freezer stocked already!

Joy, that was a great idea to help taste test...you're on! The wee girls just had a piece and approved:-) I'll save the last slice for Dick, then the cake is all GONE.

escape said...

no doubt! i can finish that cake in one day all alone.