Friday, May 30, 2008

Flight south...

Here is the able co-pilot....
And this is the PIC (Pilot in Command)...
Here is our control panel...we sure looked at it a long time. It took 3 hrs 48 min of flight time...did about 148 kts most of the way down.
Flight center called us and said that we had a 737 at 7,000' at about our 11-12:00 position and five miles out. We were at 8,000' and knew he would be 'hauling,' so I quickly went into search mode and spotted the 'target' and showed Dick where it was...he called center and confirmed that we had the 737 in sight. That guy had to stay at 7,000 until he cleared us. I quickly turned my camera on and got a few shots. The plane looks small, but it got larger as it passed under us!
Here is another shot as it got further away...in only a few seconds time.......dbl click to biggify...
Now we are lined up to land on 9R at Palm Beach International Airport, which is where we both took flying lessons (and soloed from) many years ago. I think Bee/Charlie's condo is visible to the left...we were vectored too far west to get a good pic of the condo.
This is what a very short final to 9R looks like...smooth landing...Mr. PIC got an A!
Hope y'all enjoyed the flight. I'll have more pics to post later...now we are meeting classmates for dinner and then having a social out by the pool later on. Life is grand!

10 comments:

Joy said...

Glad you had a smooth flight, I enjoyed the pictures - it was cloudy here all morning & I was hoping you got above them easily and then left them behind! Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Joy

Traveling Bells said...

Yes, we only had about 2 minutes in the clouds above Mayberry, then we were in the clear all the way down, although there was a wee bit of haze...hugz

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

GREAT flight!! Man you guys go a lot..i really do envy you!! Fly here sometime..smile.
Sandy

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lovely day here, isn't it?

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxooxoxox

Brian said...

So how's the new headset dad? See y'all in Mayberry.

Sarge Charlie said...

wow, this is sooooooooo cool

Anonymous said...

Did you see my Sky Watch Friday? I posted pictures from a 737. I had a big ole wing in my way, but it was still pretty cool. Lots of lovely clouds.

You guys look totally cool! Looks like a Southwest plane! I'm so jealous! Have a blast!

Hey, you stole my line! I've been saying 'severe clear' for years. You're the first one I've heard say it before me.

Lantaw said...

it must have been quite an experience being able fly to almost anywhere. I enjoyed your pics. thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Damu pa kmu to?.. Nano ni klase blog man?

Anonymous said...

Yutarets! kasagad bah!