Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mirror, mirror on the wall

I heard a strange noise just now when I walked upstairs to the office. Peck, peck. What is in the bedroom making that noise? And the door is shut, but the bathroom door is open...and I can see what the problem is at the window.




A female cardinal is sitting in the tree...but not for long...



And this is what I see when I come downstairs...




Missy is watching the outside activities downstairs in the dining room. Hey, MM, that screen is not in the track. Fix. Stat. Please. TYVM.

And yesterday I spotted a brown fox walking up our driveway right after dinner. Yes, he was a quick brown fox, so there is no photo proof. Trust me. I got on the phone to alert Amy in case da boys were outside playing, even though their dog would probably scare off any ole fox, quick or not. They were all safely inside, even the dog. The fox was safe to roam some more.

Life is never dull in Mayberry, and is quite good, as a matter of fact, with a Jammie boy here with me for a little while.

Lucky me!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

Joy said...

That quick brown fox better watch out, there's a good watchdog next door! Enjoy the morning with your jammie boy. See you tomorrow, hopefully!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

in podunk we had a red fox, a BIG cat, a rattlesnake, a BIG woodpecker and three wild turkeys that lived on our lot. eventually a neighbor did away with the snake but the rest lived in peace. two lots up they had a black bear (that the idiots fed!!).

xoxo
bee

Barb said...

We have a few fox here, too. I'm not thrilled about them because I let Gandalf and Grayson out... and I'm pretty sure Gandalf is a little bit too stupid to let the fox alone. srsly.

Have a lovely day with Jammie Boy! big hugs xoxo

Jean(ie) said...

The flickers do their "woodpecking" on our gutters. Sounds like a cartoon machine gun.

Sandee said...

I grew up in the country so am well aware of all the critters that we shared our land with. We never fed any of them though and Empress Bee's comment about them feeding a bear. Idiots is right.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from chilly, but sunny California. ☺

Haley D. said...

It's nice to see the pretty critters- from inside!

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy
I love the report of your "wildlife"!!!
Fantastic....hugs for both kitties!

Big hugs!!!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I think Missy is probably thinking "Dinner!!" when she sees that cardinal :)