Friday, April 18, 2008

Saturday, with rain.........

The DirecTV blimp wouldn't stay still in the blowing wind so that I could get a good shot of the logo on it. Drat. And I had to deal with a high fence in my way. Double drat. It is based at the airport next to the race track. We'd like to take a ride in one some day.

Our two g/daughters would enjoy having this 'baby' Airstream as a playhouse! There is a couch to the R that has a pull-out board that converts the couch into a bed (for two short folks), a small kitchen in the center, and a bath in the rear. Real cute...real cozy!
We went over to check out the RV Super Show after lunch yesterday........the seminars are basically the same each day, only offered at varying times......and the vendors are, well.....in short supply. Sure, there are a lots of travel trailers and motorhomes for sale, but this whole rally can’t hold a candle to the Monaco rallies we are accustomed to attending. Oh well...live ‘n learn.

Dick stayed to attend a seminar on IRA investing (yawn), but I headed back to the coach. I’d rather sort socks or alphabetize my spices than sit through that, but what I really did was visit a few of my fave blogs and then I stretched out on the couch and read. Ahhh, now that is a bit of luxury to me, even with the ‘racing’ noise going on in the background. We saw signs for ‘drive or ride’ on the track, and from the sounds of it, that is a popular offering. It was a sunny, beautiful day...and nice to have the windows open.

Our rally fee included dinner at Club One. Of course it started at 5p for these 'old' folks. The food was good, but the entertainment was positively AWFUL. It was a blue grass band (supposedly), but bless their hearts, they were entirely tone deaf. We ate and LEFT as quickly as we could get our feet in gear. Traffic noises back at the coach were far more welcome than that twangy noise! Back to my book.......The Kite Runner.....in case you are interested, which I finished last night and will return to Jennie. I have lots of mixed emotions about that book about life in Afghanistan over the past few decades, so now will pick a much lighter read.

Rain began in the early hours, so now it is overcast and windy. Bob/Lynne are heading to Mayberry today. We sure fooled them--we aren't there! They actually NEED to go there, as they are picking up a ladder from Dick's shop to use in their new addition...and they want to see our kids:-) Of course! We'll hopefully meet up with them as they pass through Atlanta today. Cell phones are wonderful for making these connections! It's all GOOD.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just recently saw ... The Kite Runner... I have not read the book yet. As disturbing and thought provoking as the movie was I can imagine the book to be much more intense.
I continue to enjoy your blog thank you for posting.

Traveling Bells said...

Hey, lynng....
Thanks for reading and commenting! Come back and visit again:-)

Haley D. said...

Ah, the cute air stream reminds me of the good ole' days in the Silver Pull-it. Thank goodness we had a LITTLE more room for 2 adults and 3 teens! I wonder if Brian will ever fully recover from the scars of being forced to sleep on a mattress in the "hallway" floor. "Okay, everybody on the seat! Noses OUT of books, 'Intendo' turned off, and on the seat!!!"

Traveling Bells said...

Being the lone boy, he probably does have many scars...and a tuff hide by now. He's a sweetie...and we're meeting him at 2 today! Yaaayyy...I need some 'sugah'...xoxoxo

Brian said...

Scars? What scars? I have a really bad good memory. Figure that one out!