Monday, April 14, 2008

All seniors aren't senile!!!

Maybe they aren't all senile, but I plum forgot to go do that pesky annual bloodwork last year.......you know, the kind that sez that my cholesterol is still good (that's what I'm hoping to still hear), so I've gotta go do that this morning, fasting, darn it. I'll be looking for a cuppa java ASAP......and I have my Nutrigrain bar tucked away for consumption after the vampire lady gets through with me. I don't want my blood sugar to bottom out!

This isn't a doctor joke, but it is a cute one from senior friend Roger, Joy's dad (Miss Joy has a BIRTHDAY today!!!). Enjoy.........


An older, white-haired man walked into a jewelry store one Friday evening with a beautiful young gal at his side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring. The old man said, 'No, I'd like to see something more special.'


At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over. 'Here's a stunning ring at only $40,000,' the jeweler said. The young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement. The old man seeing this said, 'We'll take it.'


The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the old man stated, 'By check. I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon,' he said.


Monday morning, the jeweler phoned the old man. 'There's no money in that account.'


'I know,' said the old man, 'but let me tell you about my weekend!'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Haley D. said...

What is it they say about WISDOM coming with age?

Anonymous said...

Hope everything comes out okay!
Hugs!

Constance said...

SNICKER.