Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rainy Tuesday

 

P1030393

We had just filled up with gas next to the Old Faithful Lodge and were rounding the corner, heading to the lodge when I spotted this bison leisurely enjoying a snack on the lawn.

That big boy can munch anywhere he wants to…he didn’t pay us a bit of attention when we stopped to admire him.  We kept a safe distance between us, of course.

Unfortunately, Old Faithful Lodge was closed, so we had to move on and not enjoy a Mother’s Day lunch there as planned.  That is the rule on the road—adapt and go on!

KC gave me a bit of a scare by not coming in last night, and then by not appearing when I called for him (again!) this morning.  I left the kitty door open overnight and figured he would wake me up some time during the night when he finally wandered inside.  No kitty all night.  Rut roh. 

I walked out on the deck, and there he was, all dry…and yawning…and not a care in the world.  What a stinker!  Yes, he is a cat alright…and just wanted to remind me of that.

So now back to the unfinished paperwork instead of kitty searching.  That is a much happier choice of work!

Life is wet but normal here in paradise…whatever that is!

6 comments:

Matrimony said...

good information you have posting, thank you for the sharing,
Morekrl,
London,UK

Barb said...

Oh, I just hate it when they don't sprint right towards me! Worry, I do! I know just how you felt!

My statements should come today or tomorrow. Oh, the fun of it all!

Yup. That bison CAN eat anywhere he wants, and probably does!

big hugs from hawt but still sunny south jawjah... at least until this afternoon. xoxo

ps. good information you have posting. hehehe.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how scary when the cat is missing! so happy he's fine!!!

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Jean(ie) said...

Glad to hear he is safe... Quiet day here. Might venture out for some stuff later today. But in the meantime, I'll be doing some cleaning.

Sandee said...

Glad KC was on the porch, but you're right...they have to remind you they do what they want.

Yesterday we had rain and that's mighty rare in central California. We needed it though.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from sunny California. :)

Joy said...

Glad he showed up this morning! My (very old) kitty Snickers has been missing for about 2 weeks now, I think she has probably laid down somewhere and died - but I wish I knew for sure and could bury her. She's never disappeared for this long before. She was fine one morning and gone the next! But she had a long and good life, best we can figure she was 16+ years old.