Thursday, June 7, 2012

Antler arch

 

P1030345

Notice that there is another arch on the other side of the park from this one that Lynne is standing under.  It is located in beautiful downtown Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

After looking around town a bit, we walked into the Million P1030346Dollar Cowboy Bar, so named because there are supposedly a million dollars worth of silver dollars imbedded in the bar (impressive)…and true Wild West saddle barstools.  Hmm, my derrière wasn’t tempted in the least to give one a try.  It was too dark for good photos inside, so here is at least the plaque on the outside of the historic building.

But get this—they didn’t serve draft beer!  How can it be a true cowboy bar with beer in bottles?  Tsk, tsk…

So Scooter got his little tractor replaced with working tires yesterday.  Both boys were coached not to have the “I wants” before entering the store, but you know how long that lasted!  And yes, there are lots of big toys around here for the wee boys to grow into all too soon!  They both love coming in the shop road so they can see all the equipment (and krap) parked there.  There are lots of “iron” with tires and tracks parked there—eye candy for all the males.

That’s about all the news from paradise.  My assistant KC is asleep with his head propped on the keyboard at the moment.  And the occasional stretched paw gets in my way, letting me know that he loves me.

Kids and cats…a little bit of heaven here on earth. 

Life is good, y’all!

9 comments:

Barb said...

Hooray for tires that work and a happy Scooter! And Kitties paws on our keyboards!

No draft beer? Scandalous!

Have a lovely day! big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh i have been down that road with the boy toys! quite impressive!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Jean(ie) said...

The big boy toys are fun Hubby would like to play there. Glad Scooter's tires got fixed.

Jean(ie) said...

The big boy toys are fun Hubby would like to play there. Glad Scooter's tires got fixed.

Sandee said...

I've been under that arch and I've been to that cowboy bar too. Sat on one of those saddles at the bar. That bar is huge. Way cool too.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from sunny California. :)

Joy said...

I have seen that arch! And that bar! It's unusual for me to have been to the places you blog about so I thought I'd post that comment. :-)
PS. I finally got to lunch at 1 pm.

Haddock said...

That antler arch looks great, but then think of these antlers who roamed the area once upon a time.

Julia said...

I am so glad to know that the arches are still there! Have spent many happy days in and around that whole area. LOVE the Tetons too! And the cowboys of Wyo. have always drunk their beer from bottles! Long necks! LOL!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I found your blog. It is exactly what I was looking for. I was just wondering the other day why there are no travel sites catered to people of color that warn of the possible problems you can run into abroad because of racism etc. and then I found this... amazing. I'm a 21 year old black woman, planning on studying abroad in Egypt this coming spring so this blog is definitely a life saver. Although I must admit that I feel a little more apprehensive about going now that I've read some of your experiences. Although sadly I am not surprised, I have traveled to quite a few countries myself and have had my share of awkward race based experiences (ie a woman in china telling me I would be so beautiful if only my skin was a bit lighter). While reading through your blog over the last 2 days I must admit I almost changed my mind about going to Egypt, but I figure nothing will change if no one does anything to address the situation. Any advice you have would be appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your journey.Petter Joe