Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Best Friend's Day!

And World Ocean's Day. This is the only body of water my BF and I will be seeing today, but it's not such a shabby view. And that water isn't salty. Yeah, I like this better than an ocean...unless there is a cruise ship involved! And speaking of...


There will be a river cruise for us in August that MM and I are excited about, but that's a long way off. There will be other smaller adventures before that one, beginning with the Blairsville Scottish Festival and Highland Games event this weekend. Food, games, musical groups, bagpipes...the weather promises a warm, toe-tapping time. Thirty-six clans will attend.

I haven't found any Scots blood in my family tree, but I will surely be Scots at heart this weekend, beginning with a Ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee) dinner tonight. With my best friend.

Be kind to one another, and the environment. Life is good, y'all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

You can claim some of my Scottish heritage... I dub you a temporary Duncan...LOL!

Joy said...

You'll have to tell me about the Ceilidh, and I'll probably see you at the Festival tomorrow. You can be part of my clan since you're my sister! (Moore, under the Campbell clan if I remember correctly) It should be a lovely day for a festival.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i'd love to hear about the dinner too!

the view is amazing honey...

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

I want a post on this weekend okay. How fun.

We are off to our island to power wash the docks. Not very exciting, but it needs doing.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

Barb said...

Sounds like a fun time, even if you're not a natural born Scot!

My body of water isn't salty or especially fabulous, but I love it. Although I sure wish I had a cruise booked. srsly.

big hugs and Happy Friend's day, my friend! xoxo

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I hared the name of friendship day. But best friend day? Amazing.
Short but informative article. You wanted to describe your things in a short manner . Probably you are the successful one.<a