Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hawt 98!

That is exactly what my car registered late yesterday afternoon, and just what our Atlanta TV station announced for our high here today.  At least this is double digits.  We’ll take that!

hawt 98

This means that we will be forced to close up the house and turn on the a/c.  Bugger.  The attic fan is pulling in 65 degree cool air right now, short-lived, free coolness.  Oh well…we don’t want to sweat.

We are indeed counting our blessings that we are not plagued with forest fires, but we are dry and need rain.  The Colorado fires are lapping too close to some family members and friends, so we definitely pray for rain out there. 

We may skip the outdoor music at a local winery tonight and opt to chill in the lake instead.

Let’s see:  hot there, cool here.  Hmm, here wins!

Stay safe and cool whatever you do this weekend.  Who wants to join us in the lake?

6 comments:

Barb said...

I spoke with a customer in Aurora, CO (Denver area) a few days ago. He said their situation wasn't nearly as dire as the news media was making it out to be. Of course, his wasn't one of the more 300 houses that have already been destroyed...

I always vote for not hawt! Enjoy the lake! I'm, enjoying moderately cooler temps here... and AC! Big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

It's been pretty cool here for the most part. Very unusual. I'm enjoying it though. I'd opt for the cool too.

I love our whole house fan too.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

Joy said...

I think I'm going to skip the outside concert tonight, too. Got all my errands done early this morning so I can stay inside the rest of the day.

Haley D. said...

We are probably going to end up in the lake!

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!

I think we have the same hot as you have, about 40°C...and dry, we need absolutely rain and cool!
My kids arrived today in the afternoon, they were on the mountains, there they had maximum 16° to 22° C...

I hope rain comes!

Big hugs, honey...

Jean(ie) said...

I vote lake!