Saturday, June 9, 2012

Of kilts, and bagpipes and food

Last night’s ceilidh was a whole bunch of fun, from the Scotch eggs (delish) to the Fruit of the Forest dessert; from the Parade of the Haggis to the entertainment; it was all good and plentiful.kilts @ ceilidh

The bagpipe video failed to upload, so play a little bagpipe music in your head for a moment and picture all those handsome men in their kilts.  There were a lot.  And ladies displaying their lovely tartans.  They were everywhere.  It was a bit too warm to wear my Night Watch cape, so I just laid it over my arm…not that they are MY clan colors.  Wait, the English don’t have a clan, but Scottish I am for this weekend.

Ceud Mile Failte – a thousand welcomes to all things Scottish…and fun.

Happy Saturday, y’all!

5 comments:

Barb said...

I don't have a clan either. But I think that's OK. So far anyway.

So glad you had fun but I so knew you would!

I may have fell off my I'm not calling it a diet today. Mums the word. You didn't hear it from me.

big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you ate haggas? and i read barb's comment! busted! ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Cinderella said...

I don't have a clan either, but a thousand welcomes sound nice!

((HUGS))

Sandee said...

I would have loved to be there. We have a neighbor that wears his kilt to all kinds of different functions. Way cool.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

Millie Freeman said...

I know that kilts, bagpipes and foods of Scotland has been such a great tradition. I think being able to experience and appreciate it is such a great pleasure. I know that many people are excited to take part of their culture.