Thursday, June 25, 2015

TBT–1975 ski trip

Mountain Man and I left WPB, and drove up to NC for a long skiing weekend.

Scan0001

Scan0002 - Copy

I can see our kids now, rolling their eyes at our matching ski sweaters.  Hey, they were the finest Jock Penn-ay had to offer, the price was definitely right, and they kept us (relatively) warm.

We popped over into TN briefly to visit our friend Pat.  He probably didn’t even notice our matching sweaters:

Scan0001 - Copy

I think this was also the trip where I took my pressure cooker with us to quickly cook our dinners….in our VERY cheap motel.  We didn’t eat out much back in those lean days, saving up our money to spend on travel.  There’s a pattern there!

Although the sweaters have been long gone, we still have that old Datsun parked up at the shop.  Looong parked at the shop!

That is also another pattern……….that I will leave alone………..for now.  Bless his heart.  At least we are still traveling!

Have a ginger peachy TBT, y’all!

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I see another story here. We just let our men keep whatever they want for way too long. Same thing happens here. Bless their hearts.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and my very best to the babies. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

Love the sweaters! :-)

Barb said...

I think the matching sweaters is adorable. ;) LOL on still having the car. Too funny!

We are going away for the weekend. It was Al's idea and I absolutely love it. We are packing up the furry kids this morning and heading out to our favorite B&B... the Swamp. Yup... An entire 5 mile road trip for a long weekend. LOL!

big hugs xoxo

Brian said...

Eye roll withstanding, that's awesome! Y'all looked great and what an adventure back in those days of 2-lane highways.I wonder where 1 y.o. Briney and 3 y.o. Haley were..... :)

Traveling Bells said...

Y'all probably were with Aunt Faye. Sure miss that sweet lady...

LAC said...

This is so cool! I love flashback posts. The sweaters are not laughable, having been in great style back in the day. I chuckled at still having the car. Sounds like my husband. We have quite the collection, too.