Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Dancing Queens and other hot stuff

I think with Saturday’s dance recital, we are done with school calendar stuff and summer can officially be declared.  Macey, Haley recital

 

Macey ballerina

The temps are certainly beginning to reflect summer’s arrival so much so that the A/C might just have to be activated.  I am still trying to use ceiling fans instead of the A/C, so I discovered one more fan problem upstairs.  Yes, the major lightening strike that killed the two fans in the living room claimed another victim, so MM has a new motor on order.  Moral to this dilemma:  don’t buy fans that only work on remote controls! 

End of PSA.

Now back to cleaning off my desk, under the nicely whirling office fan.  That MM wants to keep his “office girl” happy!

7 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

I continually fought off using the AC and just used the fans but eventually It got to hot in the house and my wife turned the AC on. Also with so much rain coming down I had to close the windows anyway. At least we didn't have that much lightning.
Have a better Tuesday Sandy. See Ya.

Cruisin Paul

Cruisin Paul said...

PS Isn't great that our friend Bee is once again where she truly loves and that is on a cruise. I wish I was with her. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Joy said...

Beautiful dancers! I gave up and turned my A/C on a while ago, and I was really thankful to have it this weekend. Got to endure a couple of months of hot weather now, then hopefully it will cool off again. I'm NOT a summer gal. Thankfully it is only a small part of the year here.

Sandee said...

And they are so pretty too.

I didn't know that about fans. We don't have ceiling fans. Why? I don't know.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

It's not the motor that the lightning gets, it's the remote control receiver. Hard to beat chains hanging down to control them.

Jean(ie) said...

Lol. Have fun finding new receiver motors. Bummer about the Lightning... Drat!

Barb said...

Ceiling fans everywhere here, too. Got to have them with this kind of heat. But pull chains, tyvm.

Al went over to the Swamp to check on things yesterday and dontcha know just 2 days after my parents leave for New England and I bump the AC up to 80 and Al carries out the rest of the trash to the curb and I suspend their satellite service for the summer, we THINK everything is all tucked in tight.... Al hears the dang air handler that we replaced about 3 years ago making a noise. grr...

It's always something, right?

Carry on, office girl! x0x0