Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father’s Day!

Wednesday was our evening of celebrating for Father’s Day.  After all, it is a movable feast, to be celebrated wherever and whenever it is convenient, right?  Right.  The kids pretty much all had other plans for Sunday, so we had a nice party Wednesday.  Amy fixed a low country boil down at the pavilion, and Haley and Faith brought all the trimmings.  Fabulous, but did we get any photos of the feast or the honoree?  Nope.  Nary a one…except this one of Alex reading (thank you, Haley):

Alex readingThis was earlier when the kids were playing:Will, Macey, Alex, Madison

And goofing off:

Will, Alex, Madison on surfboard

They do goofing off quite well, having a blast on Unka Brian’s paddle board, wearing themselves out…and then sleeping well.  Hallelujah!

Happy special day to all the dads out there.  Kick back and enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Have a wonderful Father's day to your hubby. Treat him well my friend. ( I know you will ) See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Sandee said...

Oh the boil. Those are so good. So good.

Happy Fathers day to all your special dads.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

I know it was a fun evening! Happy Father's Day to MM!

Barb said...

Oh, a low country boil! Leave out the shrimp and count me in! Stoopid shellfish allegery.

Peggy & I went out for lunch Saturday to Cheddar's. I ordered the New Orleans Pasta -
Shrimp, chicken, smoked sausage and penne pasta tossed in a creamy Cajun Alfredo sauce & garlic bread -- hold the shrimp, please. They always substitute the shrimp with a piece of grilled chicken. mmmm... I keep saying I need to find a clone recipe for that.

I really do need to find a clone recipe for that.

Really. ;)

Enjoy your day in the lovely GA Alps! xoxo

Haley D. said...

It was a fun evening, but then again it usually is when we're all together. Today and I always, I am grateful to call MM Dad!