Sunday, June 14, 2015

Happy #17!

 

Ansley 17 collage

We got the 6ish AM call 17 years ago today that Haley was in labor and heading to the hospital.  No hurry, this is her first child, right?  Wrong.  I took my time getting ready before heading to the hospital…since there was PLENTY of time.

Ansley had other ideas.  I was standing at the OR door, ringing the doorbell (as the sign instructed) to “let me in!,” but everyone in the delivery room was too busy to open the locked door.  About 45 seconds later, I heard a wee cry.  That couldn’t be OUR baby, but yes, it was.  And someone finally went over and let me in.  I was finally a grandmother, and my heart swelled when I held that baby girl up there in that first photo.

This girl has been very active ever since that day.

Thanks for introducing us to grandparenting 101, Ansley.  Grumps and I have loved our role in your life.  We are mighty proud of the young lady you have become.  Your star is brightly shining, and your future will be awesome!  We have confidence in you.

Smiles, and lots of love.  Happy birthday, Ansley!

We look forward to spaghetti and cake tonight, along with a few hugs.

4 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

" Happy birthday to you,
happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Ansley,
Happy Birthday to You. "

What a very beautiful young lady. I can see you right now Sandy with a big bright smile on your face. Congratulations for the both of you.

Have a wonderful Sunday Sandy. See ya.


Cruisin Paul

Barb said...

Oh, my! 17 already? Happy Birthday, Ansley!

And mmm... pasta! I wish.

big hugs x0x0

Jean(ie) said...

Happy birthday!

Joy said...

I remember that day well, too, although I didn't get to see Miss A until after church. And that heart swelling feeling as you hold your first grandchild is amazing! Happy birthday to this beautiful young lady.