Monday, June 15, 2015

Busy weekend!

If you like kilts and bagpipes, you should have been in the N GA Alps this weekend!  Clans galore arrived to set up tents as vendors, providing food, genealogy research, weaponry (the old timers had to defend themselves, of course), animals (Highland cattle, the art of falconry, border collies, and more)…bagpipes and drums, Scottish dancing and other music…live demonstrations…a mini-Cooper parade.  Whew!

MM drove the tractor shuttle again this year, and I worked the admissions booth.  It was HAWT!…but fun, visiting with the many folks who arrived from all over the place to enjoy the mountains and all these festivities.

BSGF

I especially appreciated the family birthday dinner that awaited us at Haley’s home after the closing ceremonies.  And the birthday chaos with the kids.  It was good to sit and rest my tired feet, and enjoy the kiddos.  The birthday girl enjoyed all the presents and good wishes…and EVERYONE enjoyed the triple chocolate cake!

 

birthday girl Ansley

MM and II  both crashed early, happy this festival only happens once a year!

Life is good here on this sunny Monday in Mayberry, y’all!

3 comments:

Sandee said...

We had a busy weekend too and was away from our computers for a change. It was nice.

I'm glad you had a great weekend and happy birthday to the birthday girl.

Have a fabulous week. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

Sounds like fun! It's been a little hawt here, too. We actually hit 100. Ack. Once again, I wanted to kiss the guy who invented air conditioning. srsly.

Rest up a bit today! And stay cool!! xoxo

Joy said...

It really was a fun festival, I enjoyed it all day Saturday - especially the music. And the guys in kilts. :-) But I was REALLY hot when I got home. My cousin went back Sunday but I couldn't do the heat 2 days in a row. I'll be ready again by next June.