Friday, May 6, 2011

Observations on growing older…part 2

~ Remember when your mother said, "Wear clean underwear in case you GET in an accident"? Now you bring clean underwear in case you HAVE an accident!

~ You used to say, "I hope my kids GET married... Now, "I hope they STAY married!"

~ You miss the days when everything worked  with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch…

~ When Google, iPod, email, modem.... were unheard of…and a mouse was something that made you climb on a table.

~ You used to use more four-letter words.  Now those are "what?"..."when?"... “wait!”…???

May your Friday be filled with smiles, and not so many four-letter words, y’all!
Pink flip flops

5 comments:

Sandee said...

These are so very true. Sigh. Oh well we will continue to make the very best of every day we have.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

Barb said...

My most common words lately seem to be "huh?" and "hmm".

Hope the weather in the GA Alps is lovely and that your day is equally as lovely!

Big hugs xo

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
I like the observations!
It's so very true also here!!!
I had my family here for dinner, pizza matinara, pizza 4 stagioni, white pizza with salame e prosciutto, veggies!
Baby Agata is so very cute!!!
We had a lovely evening!

See you...big hugs!!!

Haley D. said...

What? LOL

Linda said...

I'm with Barb on the "huh?" and "hmm" though those other four letter words factor in a lot, too!

Ah, the joys of aging ... !