Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bingo with the Biddies day

bingo

Yes, that is what I wrote.  Bingo.  Me?  I don’t even play that game, but I volunteered to go to the local senior center and call bingo for the biddies today, and Joan is going with me, since she is experienced.  I am a bingo calling virgin.  Not that it takes much experience, so I hear.  This is a weekly sorority project for our group this year, and I am filling in for someone, newbie that I am.

Joan said that we have to arrive on time and NOT be late, and even if no experienced person (like her) is there to give instructions, the patrons will tell us what to do.  Like, first call out (yell), “B twelve,” and then say, “B one two.”  That is what they like, so that is what they will get.

Wish me luck!  I’m sure Joan and I will have fun.

Life is good, y’all…especially since I am certainly not old enough to go to the senior center as a patron yet!

6 comments:

ivana said...

Buongiorno Sandy!!!

I wish you that you get a great experience by bingo calling!!!
Have fun!
See you!

Big hugs!

Barb said...

hahaha! Be careful! Those biddies' feathers are easily ruffled. I've seen it first hand many times!

I'm taking a MotherDear to BWTB tonight, since they didn't have bingo Sunday due to their annual Friends and Family BBQ at the lake. She was NOT pleased when she heard that announcement last week. She's in serious bingo withdrawal!

Big hugs xo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow i thought bwtb was in valdosta! didn't know it was in podunk too... have fun!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

I've been to Bingo enough times with my mom to know how it's called and to also know that people can get quite testy when it isn't called properly! Barb ain't kiddin' about the easily ruffled feathers!

I'm sure you'll do just fine, though, you've got a nice clear voice and that's half the battle!

Sandee said...

I thought of Barb as soon as I read your post title. I see the Bingo with the Biddies is expanding. Bwahahahahaha.

We only play Bingo when a yacht club has Bingo. We just don't gamble. Have fun though and I'm sure you'll do fine. Who could get upset at you? No one.

Have a terrific day. Big hugs from chilly but sunny California. :)

Haley D. said...

I'm sure you two had a blast and have several tales to tell!