Thursday, May 5, 2011

Observations on growing older…part 1

 

~The 5 pounds you wanted to lose is now 15, and you have a better chance of losing your keys than the 15 grandmapounds.

~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything....especially golf.

~Your spouse is counting on you to remember things you don't remember.

~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore.

~Your husband sleeps better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than he does in bed.  It's called his "pre-sleep".

That’s enough for our ‘old’ brains to think about for one day!  Make it a great Cinco de Mayo, y’all!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Between your and Sandee's posts I think life is just about covered.

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
Wow...your humor is wonderful!!!!
Thank you...we can smile for the day long!!!
Have a lovely Thursday!!!
Big hugs!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge will stand in front of the (open) refrigerator and ask me if he wants a sandwich.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

Oh these are so very true. Except my 15 pounds is 20. I've not lost the cruise poundage. Drat.

Have a terrific day honey. It's supposed to be 92 degrees today and by Sunday back down to 70 degrees. Crazy spring weather. Big hugs. :)

Barb said...

Geez Louise, 20 pounds would be a walk in the park. Just saying!

Love Miss Bee's comment about Sarge asking her if HE wanted a sandwich. My ex use to do stuff like that. Men are funny creatures. I like to think of the differences between the sexes ans proof of God's sense of humor.

Stay warm. It's glorious here. I love anything between the 50's-70's. Temperatures as well as decades!

Big hugs xo

Amazing Gracie said...

Made me smile! I have a handy-dandy note pad by my chair so I can write things down, but I manage to forget what I wanted to write down by the time I can find a pen! Scary stuff.
~~~Blessings~~~