Monday, April 28, 2014

Work and fun!

Before:

Northside, before

Middle:

Northside tree stack

After:

Northside, after

So it is now Monday, and MM is off to make another (cruise) dollar today, after fixing a muffler on one of his machines yesterday.  It is always one maintenance thingy after another when one is dealing with heavy equipment, but he’s the man for the job.  And he still loves doing it.  And rain is on its way to us.

The kiddos (and adults) enjoyed yummy cake and a good visit yesterday.  That Triple Chocolate Cake has become a family tradition that can’t be beat:

Macey 13

And no, Macey is not 3, despite the candle count.  At 13, who needs accurate candles?  Cake and ice cream are all that matter!  And they were good.

I finally got to meet Haley’s student teacher, but that is a story for another day.  He has quite the personality…and a lovely accent.  I am adopting him.

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~~Charlie Chaplin

5 comments:

Joy said...

That cake looks delicious and I'm sure it was! I'm amazed you could hold back the hungry masses :-) long enough for a photo. It is hard to believe that girl is 13! I hope she had a very happy birthday celebration.

Barb said...

That cake is just what I've been craving! srsly!

MM totally rocks. Sorry about the rain. Is it coming here? Because we definitely don't need it as we're still soggy after the last two, tyvm.

Have a marvy day! big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

That cake looks awesome and I remember Macey is 13. I remember that post.

MM sure is a manly man. He knows it too and so does everyone that meets him. Knowing how to use heavy equipment is a very precise thing.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and scritches to the babies. :)

Jean(ie) said...

I know and love that cake. Yummy!

That's three over ten...for 13. Makes sense to me!

Hope Monday went well. Stay safe tomorrow with the crazy weather. Watching it now. yikes!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

cake???? *thud*