Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chilly Thursday in paradise

Mid-April and it was officially 32 here in the mountains this morning. Brrr. Missy snoozed in my lap (only because MM is not here) while I enjoyed my coffee.







And the score last night:
Gals-2
Guys-0

Yay, gals! We kicked butt. And they deserved it. Poor Dan couldn't even get on the board through several of the rounds. That happens occasionally.

My two orchids and basil plant are mighty happy inside in the sun room. I'm not sure where Spring went, but having heat on now is ridiculous. At least we have sunshine...and jackets.

Oh, and MM has a big goose egg on the top of his poor head. He was on one machine yesterday; got off that one and about knocked his head off when he didn't bend far enough to get into a different machine. I guess he forgot how low the other one was. Maybe he needs a hard hat?! Poor thang.

Life is bumpy, chilly, but good here in paradise. How's yours?

Mind your head!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Way to go girls. It's good to kick butt now and then.

Poor Dick. I've done stuff like that way too often. Bugger.

It will warm up eventually. That's mighty cold for mid April.

Have a fabulous day honey. Scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

Sweet Missy is a good lap warmer. I don't mind the cool nights as long as the days are pleasant. My computer says it is 60 now, I call that "pleasant". Those days that didn't get out of the 30's, I had enough of! You remember it snowed on my birthday 10 years ago (and that is next week) - I do hope THAT doesn't happen this year!
Yay to the girls' team! Way to go!

Jean(ie) said...

Definitely sounds like he needs a hard hat! Warmer temps will be there. Hang tight. Soon you'll be wishing for cooler temps.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ouch! poor dick! get him a hard hat for christmas!

smiles, bee
xoxooxxoox

ps: stay warm.

Barb said...

Oh, poor Dick! I hate it when I do stuff like that. Ice, Ice, baby.

Brrr on the temperatures. And ack. It was about 76 here yesterday. Me likey that. A lot.

big hugs xoxo