Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fish, Wine and Art!

Jason took his buddy Alex fishing the other day, and Alex caught a BIG crappie—almost 2 pounds!  They caught 30 total.  Alex is quite the happy fisherboy.  I’m ready to try these, and will bring the wine!

Alex, Jason, crappie catch

A local winery is doing a Women, Wine and Art event the first Wednesday of each month, so  Joan and I went last night, and had fun (as always), along with several other women.  Faith’s sister Sarah was also there!  No, my artwork (a vase of daisies) is not gonna be displayed on our refrigerator, much less framed and put on the wall!  An artist I am not, but I am a good sport and will give most anything at least a try.  Painting is not my “thing.”

Paradise Valley Winery

We did have fun, and will go back for more events there in the future.  You local gals need to join us for a great girls’ night out.  Before we left, Joan spotted 5 deer out sniffing around the grapevines…just beautiful.

We love living in the mountains, where life is never dull.  And for the record, it was 79 here, and 77 back in W Palm Beach at 5p yesterday.  MM and I brought spring home with us!  Yay for that!!!

Cheers, y’all.

4 comments:

Haley D. said...

Thank you for bringing spring home!

Joy said...

You did indeed bring spring home, and we are glad of it. Not ready for full summer quite yet, but spring is very welcome. Glad you had fun at the wine thing.

Barb said...

YAY for fair weather! And wine and art and girlfriend fun!

big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

I'm not crafty at all honey, but I sure appreciate those that are. If I were there I would join you gals. Yes I would.

You did bring spring home. I knew you would.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and scritches to the babies. :)