Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Long day ahead...

My big brother is now home from the hospital with Hospice, surrounded by family and friends. His tender heart is literally worn out, and so is he. I want to go collect some hugs while I can, so Dick is arranging a car rental (we only have one vehicle here) and I will head to Albany as soon as I can get packed.

Mickey is just shy of turning 69 next month. It will be a glorious celebration for him...

I'll be careful and be in touch as I can. Thanks in advance for good thoughts for our family.

7 comments:

Sandee said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the visit. This is a difficult time. I've done it more than once. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family honey. Big hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

I too have lost a brother much too young. John was not quite 49 when his heart gave up on him. You and your family are in my heart and prayers. Big hugs xo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

so sorry to see this honey. hugs and prayers all around.

bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Joy said...

You know you have my thoughts and prayers...

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
I did not understand all the words, I'm sorry if your brother is seriously ill, I hope you will celebrate his birthday in March! I hope I have understood well the concept!
my prayers for the health of your brother

See you!!!
Hugs!

Linda said...

I'm sure your big brother is going to have a birthday celebration like no other.

Sending lots of hugs your way and best wishes for a safe journey. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

Debora Quigley said...

I am so sad for you Sandy. As Joy says...hugs