Saturday, February 13, 2010

Before...and after...

Dick worked on our washer/dryer all afternoon yesterday, trying to get the drum to line back up. There was some fussin' and cussin' and nicking of knuckles...and the occasional come hold this assistance needed. He even called the repairman to discuss possibilities, and the repairman said in his six years of fixin', he had never heard of our problem. Great! Leave it to us to pave the way for the professional. Dick will definitely call and tell him how he finally fixed it.

And of course we had a deadline for him to get cleaned up so we could go out to dinner with friends. We were only about 20 minutes late, because he wanted to get that sucker fixed and back into place. See how it blocks the hallway? So back into place it went, all hooked up but not tried out and off to dinner we went.

When we got home, full of blackened Mahi, he put the door back on the washer, then the wooden doors back on the cabinet it sits in. I fed a load of laundry inside, shut the door, and turned it on. Success...happiness...and one back rub for my sweetie. It was hard work, bending over this thing and lifting and squatting. His back is getting too old for this kind of work!

No schlepping laundry to the laundromat. Hallelujah! We now have one load of darks done...and the whites are happily spinning. I love that sound. Roll, Tide, roll!

Thanks, honey. You are the bestest fix-it guy. I guess you think this is my Valentine's present, right? I know...I'll buy YOU flowers...and chocolate. And you don't even have to share the chocolate. That's true love. Besides, I do have a new potato pearl necklace. It was draped across that lovely bag of *stuff* from Tuesday Morning. Nice.

So what are you doing for your sweetie for Valentine's Day tomorrow? Dick, you get another back rub. I promise.

6 comments:

Haley D. said...

So glad your handyman got it fixed! I am not surprised. He certainly hasn't lost his touch. Good thing you're giving out back rubs though.

I was going to have my honey grill steaks tomorrow night, but w/3" of snow and temps in the 20s today, I guess I'll be cooking something else inside!

Linda said...

Isn't it great to have a handyman in the house? I'm always amazed when men can fix something that they have absolutely NO training on.

I am boycotting Valentine's Day as I obviously have no sweetie to share it with. Perhaps there should be a different holiday for the rest of us? I bet Hallmark could make a fortune selling cards for "You Have No One Special" Day!

That's okay, I can go buy leftover chocolates at 75% for myself in a day or two!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Dick! He's such a good handyman like my Hank... We just love our knights in shining armor!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a guy!!! i would have sent sarge to help him but you know his only two tools... ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoox

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
I've no handyman in my house, I'm more patient than G., I can repair small things!
We were at Pizzeria's, tomorrow Carnival....dinner at my sister in law!
Have a great week end!!!


ciao

Barb said...

Dick is a sweeties, for sure! My washer is not hooked up yet. Neither is my dishwasher. And no back rub either. Woe is me!

Happy Valentine's Day! Big hugs xo