Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday stuff

Who knew nail polish came stacked in a tower?  nail polish towerIt sure was a big hit with the birthday gal, as was her CAKE, both at church and then at home.  That’s double cake!  Empress Bee would like that.

Well, Joy and I got the BSP scrapbook pages all finished, then began the process of putting the pages into the scrapbook.  Rut roh…it wasn’t big enough to hold all the pages we had.  Fortunately, Haley had an extra P1010592scrapbook on hand, so I drove over and picked it up, then back to work we went.  It’s a biggie, and I know Marie is gonna love it when we present it to her tonight at the Founder’s Day dinner.

It chronicles a whole year of our chapter’s activities…P1010593programs, parties, and fun stuff.

Neither Joy nor I plan to be on the scrapbook committee again any time soon!  Heck, we both have too many projects of our own that need completing!

By the way, what are YOU doing to preserve your own family’s memories?  Don’t let all those photos be “strangers in a box.”

Have a terrific Tuesday, y’all!

8 comments:

ivana said...

Buongiorno, cara Sandy!!!
Fantastic Birthday event....you all had fun, the ideas were great!!!
Compliments for the nice photoalbum!
Strangers in the box and many albums in my home, the old photos sleep there...the new pics are in the SD cards!!!
Have a great Tuesday!!!
Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, those aren't the girls I met. They are so grown up since we last saw them!

:-(

Time flies.

LAC said...

Great album! What an excellent gift. I used to scrapbook all the time. But now there is NO time. I sold all of my supplies. Figuring if I ever got back into it, it would be digital. There are some great vendors out there r that print 12x12 just slip them in the album, no mess, no fuss. But, there is just NO Time. So glad you made the time to get the project done. Good for you! Enjoy your own projects now.

Joy said...

Whoohoo, it's done! And Sandy is right, I told her if I volunteer for the scrapbook committee again to tell me I'm crazy, or slap me, or something! It was fun but a HUGE job and I have many other projects to do.
Great picture of the girls and the nail polish tower!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

cake and nail polish? i'm IN!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

The scrapbook is awesome. I'm sure it will be a big hit.

I didn't know that's how nail polish came either. A tower? How clever.

I had to laugh at Empress Bee's comment. I do like the cake idea a lot too.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs from cold and windy California. :)

Barb said...

That tower reminds me... I need to get myself to the nail salon soon!

Tghe scrapbook looks adorable! I know it must have been a ton of work, too. Woohoo for you both!

I am more of a digital gal now... I have a HUGE storage cabinet in my guest room stacked to the ceiling with photo albums. I no longer print my photos... and they no longer need to be dusted either. :D

Big hugs xo

Haley D. said...

The album will surely be a highlight of tonight's dinner! I can't wait to hear all the details. Glad Dad's home again (jiggity jig)!