Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday pie

Instead of birthday cake, Haley prefers a Key Lime Pie.  I made two of them for her birthday dinner, and boy were they good!  Made from real key limes…

P1010486P1010484…and the zest of about 8 or so of those little buggers, which had to be done before they were sliced and juiced…

And a from-scratch graham cracker crust. 

Nary a slice is left.

P1010492

If you want the recipe, click here.  Leave a comment if you make one and let me know what you think.  You won’t be disappointed.  Works well using lemons (real ones), too.

Happy Sunday, y’all!

6 comments:

Haley D. said...

Thank you again for my wonderful birthday celebration! The pie was especially delicious this year. Glad you haven't lost your touch!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

delicious! good job sandy!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Barb said...

Holy smokes! That looks fabulous! I'm staling your recipe for sure. I'll let you know when I make it!

Happy Birthday, Haley!

Big hugs :]

Linda said...

Oh, I may have to try that! I'm usually a cake baker more so than pies but I do love a good key lime pie!

ivana said...

Cara Sandy,
I promise to read all blogs tomorrow...12 persons at dinner...two dogs....I'm down!!!
I go sleep!!!

Ciao...see you tomorrow!!!

Hugs!!!

Sandee said...

I've never had Key Lime Pie. I'm sure there is something terribly wrong about that.

Have a terrific day. Big hugs from sunny California. :)