Sunday, April 3, 2011

Not again!

So after the lovely shopping outing and lunch with Joy and Joan yesterday, I am sitting upstairs at my desk…alone…and I hear Missy behind me with a certain sound reserved for “admire my catch of the day, mom.”  I figure she is bringing me a mole or a mouse.

No.  A small snake.  Now I don’t know if it is the same one from Friday, but I don’t want it in the house.  And I am alone.  Hmmm.  I approach Missy.  She runs under my craft table, snake dangling from her mouth.

I need something to put this danged critter in…a plastic carryall.  Yes, that will work.  I grab the yardstick (you think I’m touching that thing like Dick did?). 

Missy drops the snake…under the table.  It slithers.  I get on my knees so I can see what I am doing and prod the snake with the yardstick.  Missy doesn’t like the competition, and tries for another capture.

I prevail…into the container he goes.  And I carry it out the front door, dangling the carryall by the yardcarryall stick.  I don’t want that thing to slither out on my hand. 

I place the snake near the woods, thinking he will scamper for cover.  It didn’t work yesterday putting him out the back door, so I don’t know why there will be a difference today going out the front door, but at least I tried.

This snake is retarded.  He immediately slithered down the driveway, heading back to the house, but I beat him to the front door and left him outside to figure out his fate.

That’s twice.  If found inside again, that snake will be history, people!  Enough is enough.

The end.

5 comments:

ivana said...

NOooooooooooooo!!!
I'd have not be able to do it...I'd have run away!!!
I hope your kid is well!
Our lunch yesterday was so funny and lovely!!!
The baby girl is so cute!!!
Today Festival of Chocolate in town close to mine!
Have a great Sunday...without snakes!!!

Hugs!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sigh... honey you did it all WRONG! FIRST you grab the CAMERA for blog fodder, THEN you put it outside! try to remember this next time, k? (JK)

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

Off with its head I tell ya! srsly.

Big, snake-less hugs :]

Sandee said...

Empress Bee cracks me up. Do you think she would have grabbed the camera first? No. I'm not sure I could have done what you did. Not sure at all.

Have a terrific snake free day. Big hugs. :)

LAC said...

Ew! He would not have lived passed the first sighting in my house. I just can't tolerate them or spiders. Just saying!

And ROFL @ Bee!!!