Friday, April 29, 2011

Historic day in England; celebration in Mayberry

Wm & Kate

So now the young couple is married, “the kiss” has happened, and now they can relax a bit and let their hair down.  Well, if royals ever let their hair down…I think Will and Kate are doing just that, which will surely change the fabric of the monarchy for the future…in a good, less stuffy way.

Who got up at 4a to watch it?  Not me, unlike what Haley and I did way back in ‘81 when we got up at o’dark thirty to watch William’s parents get married, live on TV.  TIVO had not been invented way back then!

Dick, Haley, and I have been to Westminster Abbey.  We love seeing all these historic places and events, even on TV, so I had Dick TIVO this wedding.  I want to share this event with Haley, and now her two daughters, and Amy (who was a toddler at the time of the other wedding)…and some other gals tonight.

We are having our own “royal wedding'” party on our deck tonight to watch this historic event at our leisure.  If any of you princesses are in the neighborhood, drop by. 

Tiaras are optional, y’all!

8 comments:

Barb said...

If I were there you know I'd be wearing my tiara!

And yes, I was up anyway, so why not watch it?!

Enjoy! Big hugs xo

Joy said...

Looking forward to seeing it tonight!

Sandee said...

Today was a day that I was very happy about not have television anymore. My sister said that every channel had just the wedding. Yawn. You enjoy your wedding party tonight.

Have a terrific day and weekend. Big hugs from windy California. :)

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
I could not watch the wedding, from 9 to 14 h liveHave a lovely party!

Hugs!!!

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
I could not watch the wedding, from 9 to 14 h liveHave a lovely party!

Hugs!!!

Sarge Charlie said...

did you get the whole 48 hours?

Haley D. said...

Thanks so much for having us all over and to everyone for the amazing food! Thanks to Joy also for the HATS! Ours were much prettier than many we saw on TV.

Anonymous said...

oh how I wish I were there... Although Hank's color commentary was pretty funny.

We normally get up at 4:45 am, so it was just another day for us.