Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mighty Missy, again!

IMGP9097

Missy the hunter has saved us once again.  I noticed she was in the sun room, nosing around under a table.  Upon closer inspection, I see a small, harmless snake slither over into the corner.  Now I don’t mind snakes outside; inside, that is an entirely different matter.  No way do I want even harmless ones inside.  Shiver…with a quick retreat with Missy clutched in my arms and closing the door to make sure the snake does indeed stay cornered in that room. 

Maytag Man was not at home at the moment, but he arrived in the nick of time to save his damsels in distress, releasing the (thankful and hungry I would assume) snake back to the outside world.

Our hero.

Thought for the day:  Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny…

Go out and share a smile or two today.  I will.

6 comments:

Amazing Gracie said...

April. It just doesn't seem possible!
When my brother was younger, he bought a snake: a Red Racer. He brought it home in a paper bag and was a little leery of taking hold of it, so I reached it, got it and when it's head cleared the bag, it shot out and was gone! It had a wonderful terrarium waiting for it, but he wasn't appreciative. My mom, who wasn't afraid of anything, was scared to death of snakes. She was in the back bedroom sewing with no way out. She later said she imagined a big hold in the wall in the shape of her body - like in comic books - escaping! My husband had jumped up on the kitchen counter (6'5", 220#), so it was up to me to catch the darned thing. I did and it went safely into it's new home. This time I knew to hold tightly!
~~~Blessings~~~

ivana said...

Cara Sandy!!!
I hope I'll never meet a snake...I cannot stand the sight of reptiles or animal that crawl!
Dear Missy...you are great...but Dick is an hero!!!!

Big hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

With Missy and Dick around you've got it make. You have the hunter and the gatherer.... Great combo.

Welcome home to chilly Nawth Jaw-ja. Spring will be here soon. I hope. HUGS!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

on april fools day too! we had a family of black snakes in podunk one year and once a timber rattler! there is no good snake i say!

have a great day honey. i'm posting a photo on tomorrow's blog for you.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxooxox

Sandee said...

I don't want critters in my house either. Maytag man is awesome. Yes he is.

Have a terrific weekend honey. Big hug. :)

Barb said...

Off with its head, I say! A good snake is a headless snake!

We have water moccasins here. Ack!

Atta girl, Missy!

Big hugs :]