Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Griswolds are on the move…

We are leaving the campground today, fortunately not because we got thrown out for looking so trashy!P1010123

The Splendide has gone to the trash heap, minus the ‘good’ innards—motor, hoses, etc.  They went nawth with Amy/Jason to get stored at the shop. 

Dick and I are heading to Cape Canaveral this morning to pick up a ‘new’ Splendide to replace this dead one.  Mama has gotta have clean clothes.  Daddy likes to have spare parts.  It works out.  Then we’ll head south to W Palm Beach after the pick up. 

We hated saying goodbye to Don, Carolyn, Bob and Lynne, but all good things must come to an end.  Plus, Bob and Lynne will be back to WPB in March.  Relatives just keep showing up..JK!  Friends Tom and Dixie had us all over for a farewell dinner last night.  Our circle of friends just keeps growing, and we love it.

So we’ll be arriving in WPB, setting up, retrieving a week’s worth of mail…and getting life back to normal.

Welcome new commenter Life Cruiser.  You ask if I ‘mind’ that you comment.  Hello…I LOVE COMMENTS!   Seriously.  I started this blog for my family and friends to keep up with where in the world we are…and am now ‘meeting’ folks all over the world.  How great is that?!  Dick and I are going on a cruise in less than three weeks, and we’ll get to meet ‘in the real’ some of the people I’ve met on the internet but haven’t met in real life (Sandee, Zane)…and some folks that I met via the internet, and have actually already visited with in real life (Bee, Sarge, Barb, Linda—plus a few others).  How great is this???  I can tell you --- FANTASTIC!  I am so excited about this new adventure.

Thought for the dayOver prepare, then go with the flow.

That’s what we’ll do.  Life is good, y’all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... Love the lawn ornament...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Glad you found the new one. Safe travels!

Barb said...

Clean clothes, that is important, for sure! Which reminds me... I can't remember. Do they have an iron in the cabin, not that I ever iron much, but you know... just in case?

Just 19 days to our cruise! I can't wait! YAY!

Big hugs :]

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!
I appreciate the words you say to
Life Cruiser, it's true!
I like your blog, and I regret that we didn't meet in Ravenna, two years ago!!!
But I hope you come again!!!
HAve a great Tuesday...I was with Tommy, who had fever, and he is at home!!!

Big hugs!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oboy! maybe we can bead one day!

smiles, bee
xoxoxo

Linda said...

What Lois said! Maybe it could have doubled as a bird house??

Safe travels to Cape Canaveral and then back down to WPB; I'll be doing that drive with Barb in less than three weeks! Said as my empty suitcase stares at me from across the dining room!

Sandee said...

When I saw the photo of the Splendide outside I was wondering if that's where you prefer to do laundry. Made me chuckle.

I'm so ready for our cruise. We are putting our cleaning in the cleaners today so that will be out of the way. I'm so ready to pack and go. So ready. We're. Going. To. Have. A. Ball!

Have a terrific day. Big hugs from sunny but windy California. :)

LAC said...

Hmm, I think not having a washer would mean new clothes all the time. And that could be fun. haha.

Playing catch up, I have 12 more posts to read. BRB.