Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Complicated!


Hold on to your hats, kiddos. Dad and I are going to see It's Complicated! today with Wade and Ginger, afternoon matinee, of course. Old people have to save bucks, you know.
Now the last time the two of us were in a theatre was to see "The Aviator," how many years ago? I have actually been more often, seeing some Disney movies with the grands, but the two of us...naw. Not much being shown has tempted us.
Yesterday was a cold but good day, beginning with their famous Cinnamon-nut French Toast at John G's yesterday, our most fave place to have breakfast on the beach. The deserted beach. It was too cold for anyone to be out in the surf. Then we did a little shopping...Dick found a new flowered Florida shirt to add to his collection that he maybe can wear NEXT WEEK. Sheesh. What happened to global warming, ppl? Record cold temps are being recorded in lots of places, but that isn't widely advertised now is it?
Enjoy Epiphany...and stay warm, y'all! Sending heavenly birthday greetings to Mother...

7 comments:

Joy said...

John G's - that was the name I couldn't remember yesterday! Enjoy the movie, I hear it is really funny.
Hugs!

Linda said...

The ads for "It's Complicated" make it look like a pretty good movie - I hope that's the case and I look forward to your opinion!

I mentioned Global Warming myself the other night as I walked out of work into the wind and cold and freezing January air that's even colder than what we're used to up here in the Northeast.

I really feel for ya'll down there in the south who are supposed to be enjoying at least seasonable temperatures! We're kind of used to living in a walk-in freezer up here but you sure aren't down there!

Stay warm and enjoy the movie!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i heard at poker last night that it was a great movie! enjoy!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Global warming? The global warming folks conveiently changed it to "climate change" to try to maintain credibility...

Everything environmental has a cycle... This is merely a weather cycle... just that... common sense...

Let us know how the movie was...

Sandee said...

John G's...that's it. Why can't I remember something that simple. I wish I'd been there with you.

Have a terrific time at the movies. I've not been in years either. Nothing much tempts up either. Big hugs honey. :)

Anonymous said...

I wait for the DVDs to come out, or Encore. I use to do the Friday Matinees when the LotR movies first came out because they're my favorite books so I couldn't wait!

Brrr. It is freezing here, too! Stay warm! Big hugs xo

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!

A real movie in a movie theatre?
How many years that we do not see movies...only in TV
We go to the theatre only for the school plays of our grands, or dance essay, or Christmas stories....
Have a lovely afternoon!!!!
We had a sunny wednesday, so i could make a walk!!!

Ciao

Hugs!!!