Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day views...

This was the view last Friday off our deck...notice all the brown?
And this is the view yesterday...wow, what a difference a week makes! We see green now!
And our flowers are emerging...a few dogwood blooms are now visible outside our bathroom window...flame azalea is peeking out across the cove. And the Lady Slippers are slowly waking up. All of the above will be helped greatly by the gentle rain that is now falling. We need it. Aahhh, spring is finally here on this first day of May.
And speaking of May Day, did any of you gals wear pastel dresses and dance around the May pole at school, weaving colorful streamers over and under to dress the pole? I think we must have done that at Junior High School (shows my age, as it is now called Middle School...and no one knew about any of those other 'dance poles' at that age, so don't even think about those!).
Enjoy your May Day...and your trip down memory lane!

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ahhh yes, pole dancing was MUCH different in our day! ha ha ha

the trees look wonderful too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

A feast for the eyes! I just love Spring! Yes, we did the May Pole dance and song in our family!

Anonymous said...

The leaves are out in full force here, too! If I had my camera I'd snap a pic, but it's at the airstream. Hope hubby remembers to bring it.

Sandee said...

Wow, what a big difference in just a few days. Everything is green here too. I so love spring.

I don't remember doing the May Day pole dance.

Have a terrific day and weekend honey. Big hug. :)

Joy said...

I remember reading about the May Pole dance on May Day, but I don't think I ever DID one! (or a pole dance either!)