Thursday, May 7, 2009

Heerreee, ducky, ducky!

We normally have nesting pairs of mallards here in our cove, but this morning 3 boys were congregating and probably plotting ways to find women. I'm sure they didn't notice how the flame azaleas are popping out on the other shore.

They did notice but ignored the bread I threw down for them. Oh, they wanted it...they were just too shy to paddle over. Or...they noticed and were probably scared of Missy. Oh yes, she was on high alert... Meow! Come on, boys...make my day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy the guard kitty....

Tee hee!

Sandee said...

Our dog does the same thing. She just loves ducks and fish and any other critter.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Joy said...

I love the mallards! Sometimes I miss my little pond! (but not all the time) The flame azaleas are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I have to shoo the goslings away from my patio deck! They have learned to climb up the two steps and poop on my patio until I toss them some bread on the grass! Clever, they are!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

awwww she just wants to see them! and MAYBE play!


smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Frequent Traveler said...

Missy is definitely in hunt mode ! I think she wants duck l'orange for dinner instead of kibble...

Linda said...

Yeah, I'm thinking Missy is thinking that duck might taste really good for breakfast!