Friday, May 8, 2009

Button, button...who's got the button?

What began as a simple task of sewing on a button turned into a rainy day project.

Where did I put my needles and thread? It is in the laundry room somewhere hiding (we've been in the new house a year and I apparently haven't had the need to use either), so my search began. Bingo...they were hiding in a box on the bottom shelf of the closet (next to the un-used sewing machine), along with dozens of buttons, none of which I needed for this particular project, but which seemed to call my name to sort, throw away or whatever! So I did.

I found buttons of all types, sizes and colors; spare buttons for long-gone whatevers--blouses, skirts, dresses. Some brought back fond memories of a particular outfit; others, I was clueless as to what they were supposed to adorn. I found buttons that will be perfect to use in some of my card making, you know, stamp a flower and use a button as its center. Cutsey things like that.

The buttons are now in a pretty glass jar, sitting on my craft table...still calling my name, saying 'come find a new use for me!'

Enjoy your Friday. I sure will; I'm going to play for awhile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would never believe how many buttons I have. Never ever.

Traveling Bells said...

Oh, oh, Barb...it would be fun to come check them out!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bad girl. I throw all those extra buttons out!

Haley D. said...

Great idea to put them in a jar where you can see them and enjoy them. It was fun going through pictures yesterday. Thanks for the yummy dinner. You'll have to post the recipe or link to it here.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i just love a jar of buttons!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo