Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thought for the day...


Live today because tomorrow is not promised...
So what happened at the meeting yesterday, you are wondering. I know you are. Did the votive stand get approved or not? Yes, but with conditions...that have to be first approved (or not) by the vestry. Nothing is ever SIMPLE, but it will work out as it should work out.
Today is hair cut day; go to the grocery store; clean house...and get ready for the feast on Thursday. There are just a FEW folks coming for dinner, but everyone is bringing something, so there will be many cooks involved.
We have a few Thanksgiving food traditions that I'll reveal tomorrow. Now that you are thinking about your own (aren't you?), please share some of them...and maybe a favorite Thanksgiving memory.
Our kids even remember the many times we had Thanksgiving dinner at the 'hunt camp' in central Florida with all the clan, dogs included. It was always a grand celebration, ending with everyone sitting around the fire roasting marshmallows...........and smelling of smoke! Good memories of happy times. And of so many family members no longer with us.
Make the most of today. That's all that we have. Life is good!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I forget - I love yesterday's quote. One I try to remember!

One of my favorite Thanksgiving memories is when both sets of Grandparents, who are all now passed on, came to our house for dinner. That did not happen often, so it felt all the more like family, with so much more love.

Have a lovely day! Big Hugs ♥xo

Sandee said...

Love the quote for today too. Very true.

The warmest memory I have is the last year my mother insisted on making Thanksgiving dinner for everyone. Mom made the very best and I was smart enough to pay attention.

Mom had Lou Gehrig's and she knew she wouldn't be able to do another Thanksgiving dinner. She was right too. It was a meal mixed with happiness and yet great sadness.

I am now the one that fixes the same Thanksgiving feast that my mother used to fix. She passed away 18 years ago. I miss her so.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

Linda said...

I've got pies to bake today for our "day after Thanksgiving" celebration on Friday being that I have to work 16 hours on the actual day. However, I am thankful to have a job in this tough economy so you're not going to hear me complain about having to work!

My favorite Thanksgiving memories always go back to when my grandfather was alive and everyone gathered at his house - aunts, uncles, cousins - you name it! Best of times - ever!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh for sure going to my grandparents house with everyone there, once they were gone it was never quite the same... and we always have sauerkraut with turkey!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

ivana said...

Ciao Sandy!!!
Interesting what Thanksgiving means for you!

Have a great afternoon!

Hugs!

Haley D. said...

Thanksgiving at the hunting camp was definitely the BEST!

Odat said...

I'm creating new memories.....don't know what they'll be yet...lol.

Have a wonderful Turkey Day!!!

Peace