Sunday, January 24, 2016

Downright cold!

This morning it is 14 outside. Poor MM only thinks he has cold weather in WPB. It is 39 there. Poor thang. Wanna trade?

At least the snow stopped and the sun came out to kiss the asphalt.

Meanwhile, Amy helped the boys built a fort.



I played laundress and also made some banana-nut bread, and then Jason made hamburgers on the grill for dinner.

The boys went out and tried to sled a bit. And throw snow balls at each other. That's what kids do...game on to annoy each other.

These are the things we do when it is cold and snowy in our mountains. We hunker down inside, unlike this heron outside:



That dark spot above the tip of the hammock frame is a heron that is normally in the water, not on land. He wasn't there this morning, so I hope he is OK.

Stay safe and warm. We sure will.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Sandee said...

The sun is shining here for a change. We've had lots of rain and I'm not complaining about that. We needed it.

Glad you're all warm and snug.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

Jason made hamburgers on the grill for dinner? That's one dedicated BBQer!

It has been too dang cold here, too. But our low (so far) has been 28. So I'll shut up about that, I guess.

Bee's on a cruise. I wanna be like Bee.

big hugs, my sweet GA Alps friend. xoxo

Joy said...

Jumping in here to say thanks for all the prayers and concern. Sandy drove me home from the hospital Monday night, and I am getting stronger every day. Hugs to all, Joy