Friday, October 18, 2013

Lucky 7!

It is tradition in Amy and Jason’s household that the birthday person gets breakfast in bed on their birthday.  Alex got a candle in a special treat.

Alex is 7!

He’s a happy camper.

My Mother always called us (too early) to sing Happy Birthday, so Grumps and I (of course) called Alex and sang to him (condensed version) before he left for school.  Thankfully, it is the love that is conveyed, not the great singing voices.

With five kids in my birth family, I truly don’t remember any birthday celebrations for any of us…no parties, that is for sure.  I am sure there must have been cake, because Mother was a good baker.  And with my birthday being a few days before Christmas, guess what………no birthday presents in my past either!

It seems that parties for small kids can be “over the top” these days, and I am not for that, but I do want each child to feel special on their, well, special day.

That’s how we roll.

Do you have a special birthday tradition?

Grab a donut while you are thinking…if there are any left.  Hurry!

Life is good in Mayberry today, filled with lots of love for birthday boy Alex.  Lucky boy!

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy birthday handsome boy!

donut? i haven't had a donut in two years! but i have had cake now and then for sure.

have a great day my friend!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxxo

Joy said...

What a nice start to the day for the birthday boy! Love the picture.

Jean(ie) said...

Happy birthday Alex!!!!!!!!!
And birthday donuts are THE BEST!

We had cake on our birthday. That was our tradition. It was on a musical cake stand.

Barb said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!

Now I'm gonna have to pout again because, if you can believe it, there is not a single DD within a 2 hour drive of here? srsly.

One more sleep to the big wedding day! Woohoo!

big hugs xoxo

Sandee said...

How fun. That looks like a great breakfast to me.

Yes, we do have birthday traditions in our family. We have a special dinner for the birthday person. They can have dinner at their favorite restaurant or we'll make whatever they want for dinner. Most of the time they come to our home for their special dinner and dessert. It's a fun tradition.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and scritches to the kitties. :)